1. I’m thankful for exercise. Endorphins are my friends!
2. I’m thankful that my body can survive on the weird sleep schedule that I have. I know it would function better with optimal rest but I appreciate that it powers through on what sleep I can get.
3. I’m thankful for online shopping. It’s so nice to have things come to my door when I’m sleeping so I don’t have to waste time shopping at a real store, though I know this isn’t great for the local economy and I do need to consider that more.
1. I’m thankful that I’ve been able to keep up with this blog for two weeks!
2. I’m thankful that there are qualified individuals in my city to help with the issues my poor dog is having
3. I’m thankful that overtime hours are available at work right now to pay for above mentioned individual to evaluate my dog
1. I’m thankful for the luxury of soaking in a hot bath
2. I’m thankful for fuzzy and warm slippers
3. I’m thankful for mugs that make sipping on hot beverages so convenient while simultaneously warming the hands
Apparently, I was chilly today.
1. I’m thankful for the opportunity to help rescue retired racing greyhounds. I had a conversation with one of the board members of the rescue we associate with and the mindset of the track owners is so strange. I’m really glad we decided to adopt our girl and foster more.
2. I’m thankful for fresh produce. I received my second box from door-to-door organics today and I dig it!
3. I’m thankful for nail polish. it’s fun and frivolous and sometimes, life just needs a little of that.
1. I’m thankful for music. I love the way a song can transport me to another place. I’ve been listening to a lot of Josh Groban lately. His voice is like velvet on my brain!
2. I’m thankful for my smart phone. It really has made life much more convenient. I just try to be mindful that when I’m with people that I’m with them and not my device.
3. I’m thankful for the right to vote. I’m doing my last minute research on the ballot proposals so that I can head to the polls tomorrow with confidence in my choices.
1. I’m thankful for my father, who had a big birthday yesterday
2. I’m thankful for my niece and nephew who will be 12 later this month but whose party was this afternoon
3. I’m thankful for my mother and sister who planned a really fun family get together to celebrate these November birthdays! A suite at the Saginaw Spirit hockey game and the kids each rode on a Zamboni machine.
Woah, where did October go? No worries, here, I love November almost as much as I love October.
Today I’m thankful for
1. Holistic remedies. I felt a cold coming on so I got out my neti pot and diffused Thieves oil while I slept. Feeling better already!
2. Family gatherings. I’m looking forward to celebrating the birthdays of my father and niece and nephew tomorrow!
3. Daylight saving time change which for most of the US means an extra hour of sleep. As a night shifter it means an hour of overtime pay. Would I rather just work my regular 12.5 hours and be done? Of course, but, you have to find the silver lining.